About Me

My photo
"Weird behavior is natural in smart children.. like curiosity is to a kitten." Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fractured Rose

The Art Quilt group at CCQ is doing a challenge with fractured photos.
We selected from a big bunch of photos, and in the end chose 2. 1 is a rose, which happened to be a photo I took at the Portland Rose Garden.











First I printed it the finished size, and drew around the petals to use them as a pattern.




















Then I painted each petal on white muslin using acrylic paints.
I cut them out and assembled them on parchment paper, and fused them together




















I fused the whole shebang to a piece of green fabric 17" square. Then I stitched around the petals with about 5 different pink threads.
We are going to cut them up later today, pass out the pieces and make a fractured flower from the pieces of everybody's work. FUN!!!

No comments: