About Me

My photo
"Weird behavior is natural in smart children.. like curiosity is to a kitten." Hunter S. Thompson

Friday, March 7, 2008

Itsy Chairsies - Just Ducky


My girlfriend rescued 8 of these little chairs from the church dumpster. I've had them around for 10 years or so, painted various colors. They were in a sad state of disrepair, having used them in the yard to hold plants and I even left some of them out in the weather. It was time to give them little face lifts. Larry patched and glued them back together, getting them all straight and sturdy, and I painted them some bright colors that match the new colors we painted inside and out.

The red is for the parlor, to sit beside my Victorian Settee & love seat which are upholstered in red, gold & cream. The lavender goes in the spring green & lavender bathroom. The cocoa chair goes in the TV room which is 3 shades of cookie & cocoa brown, with my "Thinking of Chocolate" quilt on the wall. The final bright berry chair goes on the front porch next to my berry door (they are different berries but fun and bright) to hold a bowl of pansies.

No comments: